THE IMPACT OF INTERPRETERS ON THE JUDICIARY AT NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
organised by EULITA (European Legal Interpreters and Translators Association)
in cooperation with ALTI (Association luxembourgeoise des Traducteurs et Interprètes)
on 28-29 March 2019 in Luxembourg,
at the Court of Justice of the European Union, Plateau de Kirchberg
Conference languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Czech
(Please scroll down for the registration form)
The conference will start on Thursday afternoon, 28 March 2019, with a roundtable where national and CJEU judges will discuss the impact of interpreters on the judiciary, and will continue on Friday morning, 29 March 2019, with contributions of the interpretation services’ directors of three international courts: ECHR, ICC and CJEU. The essential role of training, skills, quality in the performance of interpreters working for the judiciary are, this time, seen from the perspectives of those who need our services and recruit us.
Simultaneous interpreting will be available in English, French, Italian, Czech and Spanish on Thursday, and in English and French on Friday.
The ninth General Assembly of EULITA will be held on Friday afternoon after the conference. Please note that separate registration is required for the General Assembly (limited to EULITA members).
REGISTRATION FEES AND TERMS
- Early bird fee (payment before 15 February 2019): EUR 120
- Regular fee (payment after 15 February 2019): EUR 150
The registration fee covers attendance at the court hearings and the conference on Thursday and Friday, including coffee breaks and documentation.
- Membership in EULITA is not required to attend the conference. EULITA and ALTI are pleased to welcome all interested persons.
- Registration for the conference does not include attendance at the EULITA General Assembly, which is limited to EULITA members and requires separate registration. EULITA members will receive the registration form for delegations with their convening letters in mid-December 2018 and early February 2019.
- Cancellation policy: Registration for the conference and the side events is binding. A 50% refund will be granted for cancellations between 1 February and 28 February 2019. No refunds can be granted for cancellations after 28 February 2019.
- Please do not submit the registration form more than once. In case of any changes to your registration details, please notify EULITA by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration will close on 14 March 2019.
SIDE EVENTS (optional)
- Court hearings on Thursday morning: limited number of seats available (first come, first serve – separate registration required)
- Networking dinner at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Luxembourg on 28 March 2019 from 20:00 h: EUR 46 per person
Please pay the registration fee and the fees for any side events you wish to attend (indicating your name) to the following account:
EULITA (European Legal Interpreters and Translators Association)
IBAN: BE38 7805 9195 8172
BIC/SWIFT code: GKCCBEBB
Belfius Bank, Antwerp, Belgium
Alternatively, you can also use our PayPal account at paypal.me/eulitaEU. When paying via PayPal, please add an additional EUR 5 to your total amount payable, as EULITA cannot cover PayPal charges.
Please note that EULITA is not subject to VAT, i.e. no additional tax will be added to the prices indicated.
A limited number of rooms has been reserved until 28 February 2019 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Luxembourg (contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) for up to two nights from 28 to 30 March 2019 at a daily rate of EUR 99 for a single room and EUR 109 for a double room. Breakfast is included. Please book your room directly with DoubleTree at the following link: http://eventsathilton.com/show/5bfd17614a47943545dd4e38.
For other hotel options in Luxembourg, please see the list in the preliminary programme.