1) National or regional associations of legal translators and spoken or sign language legal interpreters that are established in EU member states or national or regional associations of translators and interpreters which include spoken or sign language legal interpreters among their membership which as yet to do not meet the criteria for full EULITA membership may be admitted as associate members.
2) Associations of legal interpreters from outside the EU, or other associations, institutions or organizations from within or outside the EU such as associations of legal professionals, training institutes, testing, certification or accreditation authorities, research groups, etc. which demonstrate that they support the objectives and goals of EULITA and are willing to share in the exchange of best practices may be admitted as associate members.
3) Individuals from within or outside the EU, including those in member states where as yet no national or regional association exists may be admitted as associate members. They can be legal translators and spoken or sign language legal interpreters, trainers, researchers, other legal professionals, students in interpreting, translation or law aspiring to become legal interpreters or translators, interpreters or translators not practising as certified legal interpreters or translators, etc., who demonstrate that they support the objectives and goals of EULITA and are willing to share in the exchange of best practices.
4) Applications for associate membership in EULITA shall be made in writing and forwarded to the EULITA Executive Committee in electronic form (email@example.com).
5) Please state in a formal letter of application your intention to become an associate member of EULITA, and that you will support the objectives of EULITA as set out in Article 2 of the EULITA Constitution and pay the annual membership dues on time.
6) Please use the application form that is available on the EULITA web site. The EULITA Executive Committee will provide further information if you have any queries.
7) Please bear in mind that the official EULITA languages are English and French and use either of these languages for all correspondence with EULITA. Please provide a translation into either of these languages for documents in other languages.
8) Please describe and document your specific situation, depending on whether you apply for associate membership under the above items 1), 2) or 3).
9) Please transfer an application fee of EUR 15.00 to the EULITA account*) when submitting your formal application for associate membership in EULITA.
10) Please be aware that, for practical reasons, applications for EULITA membership that reach the EULITA Secretariat and/or the EULITA Executive Committee less than three months prior to the date of the annual general assembly cannot be handled before that annual general assembly.
The EULITA Executive Committee
*) account number 780-5919581-72, account of European Legal Interpreters and Translators Association, with Belfius Bank, Antwerp, Belgium, BIC/Swift: GKCCBEBB, IBAN: BE 38 7805 9195 8172. Please understand that EULITA cannot accept bank charges in connection with transfers of application or membership fees.